Hoosier Heart Throb Ragdolls
South Bend, In 46619
City:_______________________________ State:_____________ Zip:__________
Phone: Home_____________ Cell______________
DOB:______________________ Gender:_________ Color/Pattern:____________
Kitten price or terms:______________________
Deposits of $200.00 are non-refundable and final payment is due on or before delivery/pick up date. All delivery, shipping, and related expenses are responsibilities of the buyer.
THE SELLER AND BUYER AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS OF THIS LIMITED LIABILITY CONTRACT:
- The kitten/cat is purchased as a: PET___(altering required) , SHOW quality pet___(altering required) , BREEDER____
- Breeder guarantees that the cat being sold is a purebred Ragdoll cat, with a pedigree, and is eligible for registration with T.I.C.A.
- If buyer transfers cat/kitten to another owner the buyer agrees to let Karen Morris, breeder, know and approve the transaction . this information is also for Hoosier Heart Throb Ragdoll’s records.
- Although the breeder can give an opinion of a cat/kitten being show/breeding quality, it is not a guarantee that the cat/kitten will win a show. Breeder advises all buyers to examine kitten in person to decide the quality of the kitten before purchase.
- The buyer understands and agrees that the Breeder/Seller has first pick of any and all litters, and that show and breeder prospects will be placed first, then pet quality kittens.
- The buyer agrees that deposits are non-refundable but may be transferred to another kitten.
- the buyer is responsible for ALL veterinary and health care expenses associated with this cat/kitten while in the possession of the Buyer.
- If the kitten is purchased as a pet or show quality pet: The buyer agrees to have him/her altered before the kitten is 6 months old. Purchaser agrees that if the kitten is not altered before 6 months of age, the contract is null and void and seller has the right to take repossession of the kitten and place back into the Hoosier Heart Throb Ragdoll Cattery with no reimbursement to the buyer. Proof of altering (written certification) must be provided from a Licensed Veterinarian before T.I.C.A. registration papers will be released to the buyer. If the purchaser is found to be using said cat/kitten as a breeder, a fine of $2000.00 will be due to the seller/breeder along with submission of the cat/kitten. Buyer will also be responsible for all attorney fees involved.
- Seller agrees to provide a complete medical history and record of all vaccinations this cat/kitten has received, along with the following health guarantees: A: The Breeder guarantees that the cat/kitten is healthy to the best of his/her knowledge at the time the Buyer takes ownership. The kitten has a 72 hour warranty against any serious medical conditions once he/she leaves our home-serious refers to a shortened or painful lifespan. Buyer is advised to take this kitten at their own expense to see a Licensed Veterinarian with in 72 hours for a complete wellness check up. Failure to do so within this time period will void the warranty. if the kitten is found to have a serious medical condition , Buyer has 72 hours to notify us and request a kitten replacement. This request must be in written form on the examining Licensed Veterinarian’s letterhead which states why the kitten’s health is being questioned. The buyer is responsible for returning the kitten at his/her own expense, along with the paperwork from the vet. The seller will then replace the kitten or if there are no LIKE kittens at the time, the seller agrees to replace from the next litter born. There will be no cash refunds under any circumstances except at the breeder’s discretion if he/she opts to refund the purchase price rather than replace the kitten. The Breeder will not be responsible for any veterinary expenses incurred by the Buyer while the kitten is in Buyer’s possession.
_______ Buyer’s initials indicating full understanding and agreement to all above conditions.
10. The Breeder guarantees that the cat/kitten is healthy to the best of his/her knowledge at the time the Buyer takes possession. The cat/kitten has a one year warranty (from date of birth) against fatal genetic or congenital defects. This does not include conditions of infections such as colds, upper respiratory infections, viruses, parasites, or bacterial infections that infect the intestinal tract , such as Giardia, Coccidiosis, or Trtrichomonas Foetus. These types of parasites are not always found on a routine fecal exam. Everything is sanitized to prevent these types of problems. Seller cannot be held responsible for FeLV, FIV, FIP, or any other bacterial and viral infections, infectious diseases, and parasites or fungus due to the fact that these can be contracted anywhere in the environment after the cat/kitten has left the cattery and are not a result of genetics or breeding. If a fatal genetic or congenital defect is found by a Licensed Veterinarian, the Breeder will replace the kitten with a LIKE kitten from one of the next 2 litters after proof has been received from the vet. There will be no cash refunds under any circumstances, unless it is at the discretion of the Breeder rather than replace the kitten. The breeder will not be held responsible for any Veterinary expenses or any otherwise expenses (travel, etc) incurred by the Buyer while the cat/kitten was in the possession of the Buyer. _________Buyer’s initials indicating understanding and agreement to all of the above conditions.
11.The Seller/Breeder is not obligated to replace a kitten for any reason, including any future health conditions, other than those stated previously and provided that ALL terms of the health guarantees are followed. The health guarantees and kitten replacement will become null and void if Breeder is no longer breeding.
12. This cat/kitten cannot be guaranteed to be free from the Feline Enteric Corona Virus (FeCV). it is estimated by research physicians that 93.7% of all cats have contracted FeCV. FeCV can, on rare occasions, “mutate” and cause fatal disease Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP). The effectiveness of the FIP vaccine s still controversial. Many researchers and veterinarians believe that it can cause enough stress on the feline immune system to actually cause the disease. At this time no one exactly knows why the disease occurs or how to cure it or completely prevent it. THEREFORE the entire HEALTH GUARANTEE IS NULL AND VOID IF THE FIP VACCINE IS ADMINISTERED TO THE CAT/KITTEN. There is no definitive test for FIP without a post mortum necropsy plus full histology. _________Buyer’s initials indicating full understanding and agreement to all of the above conditions.
13. It is also highly recommended that you do not allow your ragdoll to be given a Feline Leukemia vaccination since it is very controversial and poses many risks. The ENTIRE HEALTH GUARANTEES ARE NULL AND VOID IF YOUR RAGDOLL CAT/KITTEN IS GIVEN THE FELINE LEUKEMIA VACCINE. The cat/kitten will have age appropriate core vaccinations at the time of delivery against Panleukopenia (distemper), Calcivirus, and Rhinotracheitis. Each state has its own laws governing the administration of the rabies vaccine. The Seller/Breeder does not warranty the cat/kitten from any adverse reactions against future vaccinations. ______Buyer’s initals indicating full understanding and agreement to all above conditions.
14. Buyer also agrees: to keep vaccinations and health check ups up to date at Buyer’s Expense., to provide a clean INSIDE environment for your cat/kitten, and to never place this cat/kitten in a laboratory or pet shop. If the Buyer is unable to keep the cat/kitten for any reason, Seller/Breeder will be given first right to obtain the cat/kitten. The Buyer agrees NEVER TO DECLAW THIS CAT/KITTEN.________Buyer’s initials indicating full understanding and agreement to above conditions.
15. In addition, the buyer’s initials below reinforce and indicate full understanding to the following:
By taking possession of this cat/kitten, the buyer agrees that the cat/kitten appears to be in sound health at the time of purchase(________initials.) keep in mind that new kittens may show signs of stress including sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, diarrhea, or constipation when brought into a new environment. ALWAYS transition your kitten’s food slowly over 10 days if changing food.
The Buyer agrees that the Breeder will not be responsible for any veterinary or health care expenses incurred by the Buyer while the cat/kitten is in possession of the Buyer. _____(initials).
The Buyer agrees to grant Seller/ Breeder access to all Veterinary Medical Records on this cat/kitten. ______(initials of buyer)
The Buyer understands that, although the Breeder has made every effort to supply the best possible cat/kitten, it is, however, a living creature in which health or behavioral problems may arise. In addition, the Breeder makes no guarantees to the longevity of life.
If a problem arises, the Buyer and breeder agree to work together to solve the problem. __________Buyer’s initials ____________Breeder’s initials
16. This contract is legally binding to all parties involved. This sales agreement is non-transferrable to other parties. Any changes, additions, or omissions to this contract must be agreed upon in writing, dated and initialed by all parties. Breech of contract will result in it being null and void. It is agreed that this is an “AS IS” sale subject only to the warranties outlined herein which is the FINAL agreement between all parties. The Seller/Breeder’s maximum liability to the Buyer for any and all losses, claims, or damages, or liability of any kind shall be limited to the amount paid in monies by Buyer if decided by Breeder or equal to kitten replacement by Breeder. If legal proceedings become necessary , the Buyer agrees to pay all reasonable attorney fees and legal expenses as may be allowed by law and incurred by seller in enforcing Seller/breeder’s rights under this contract. ________Buyer’s initials
The signatures below indicate full understanding, agreement, and approval of the above said terms and conditions.